Monday, June 6, 2011

Dallas: rise nº1

I felt like I was in Southern France when I sat down at my table at rise nº1. The charming and rustic Southern France atmosphere was infectious. Every detail from the silverware to the service was perfect. The water was served in plain wine bottles and the glasses were wine bottles with the large divot on the bottom that had been cut where the neck begins and fashioned into perfect cups - I was infatuated with them! Rise nº1 is a French restaurant that has a very unique and particular cuisine -- soufflés. From entrees to appetizers, they have about twenty different soufflés on their menu ranging from classic Chocolate to Escargot or Jambon & Gruyere.

Wine bottle water glasses! Check out their online store to purchase

I ordered the rise nº1 salad for an appetizer, it is a light starter salad of baby greens, blue cheese, roasted pecans, Granny Smith apples & a pecan vinaigrette. To begin, we also got an order of the Artichoke Andrée for the table, which is a MUST HAVE when you go to rise nº1! Its a steamed artichoke served with the 'Hedda's family sauce', a light creamy and buttery sauce.

The Artichoke Andrée

 For my entree I ordered the Southwest Chicken soufflé. I was surprised how quick it came out - despite soufflés notorious slow reputation. It was unbelievable. I'm not going to lie...I love a good cheese or chocolate soufflé, but was skeptical about the more unorthodox soufflés. The Southwest Chicken was great. It was light and fluffy, but packed with flavor and much more filling than I imagined it would be. The texture of the top of was great, adding a little crunch... but the green chile salsa sitting on the top was my favorite. It really brought the dish together, giving it a little spice.
My Southwest Chicken Soufflé! SO good
I was FULL by they time it came to dessert, but couldn't pass it up! I ordered the apricot soufflé, and was blown away. I would go back to rise nº1 solely for the apricot dessert.. I really enjoyed rise nº1 because of its uniqueness and originality. With such a diverse menu, I can't wait to try the other options (but I think I'll have to get the apricot soufflé!). Overall I give rise nº1 5/5 stars! ★★★★★

Click HERE for rise nº1's online menu

No comments:

Post a Comment