Sunday, March 11, 2012

Steak and Jalapeño Scrambled Eggs

Home for the weekend, and the best part about about that is always access to a full kitchen - something I have been deprived of, like so many while at college. This morning I made an amazing dish, and was quite resourceful with my ingredients.
Yesterday I grilled a couple of ears of corn, and had one or two left over that I had used some cajun rub and seasonings on. Also, last night my sister couldn't finish her steak (Filet Mignon) so we brought it back from the restaurant. I used both of these leftovers in the scrambled eggs and they were great. I am not usually big on leftovers, but if you can incorporate them into another recipe or dish, power to you!
I sautéed the large jalapeños and minced garlic then added the steak to heat it up a bit. It didn't take long once I added the corn for the kernels to cook and start cracklin'. I then added my eggs (3 whole eggs and 2 egg whites) and added a splash of heavy cream and a pinch of thyme.


If I was skilled enough I would of made this into a beautiful omelet, but my pan was too small -- so I resorted to making a scrambled egg dish. I made several "homemade" tortillas.. well, ok, sorta. They are from Tortilla Land, and they are in most grocery stores. They are uncooked tortillas and they take about a minute to make, 30 seconds on each side, and they are amazing. SO fresh and taste almost better than homemade tortillas from an authentic Tex-Mex restaurant.

When my brunch was finished, I couldn't wait to get started. I made a simple wrap with my tortilla and just pilled the steak, jalapeños, and eggs on in. It was so good. the steak was so tender and such a great cut of meat it definitely was the star of the plate. The corn was subtle, and the jalapeños added that heat I love. The soft fresh tortilla that wrapped everything together was perfect. I did add a good amount of Pace chunky salsa, and it really added a little extra Mexican flare that was perfect with the steak and jalapeños.

No comments:

Post a Comment