Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hop-damn!

Hopdoddy's:
I can't believe I've been living in Austin this long and just now getting around to eating at Hopdoddy's. But it was well worth the wait! The amazing smell was the first thing that hit me right when I walked in: fresh buns literally coming out of the oven, french fries, and something that I really couldn't put my finger on. This was a Wednesday for dinner, and the line was practically to the door.."it must be worth it" I thought to myself.
The sign speaks for itself.. fresh and all natural!
The service deserves a post within itself. It was incredible. While my friends and I were waiting in line there were two or three servers asking for drink orders, offering menus, answering questions - I was quite impressed. Even while we were enjoying our meal our waitress came by 3 times just to check in! Previewing the menu online earlier that day, my afternoon had been filled with the banter in my head over which burger to get... I just couldn't decide, so I got two:
(1) The Buffalo Bill: a buffalo patty, blue cheese, apple-smoked bacon, and Frank's Hot Sauce
(2) The Greek: Lamb, feta cheese, pickled red onions, cucumbers, and served with a side of tzatziki sauce
The Buffalo Bill
Both of these burgers were amazing! The buns were soft and made from scratch, and you really could tell. The Buffalo Bill was your typical 'Bacon and Blue' burger.. but the Frank's Hot Sauce added a special kick that wasn't too spicy, but complemented the firm and bitter blue cheese and the thick smokey bacon. While both burgers were delicious in their own way, but The Greek really stood out. The lamb was so tender and juicy, exactly how lamb should be. All the additional flavors that the cucumber, feta, and onion added all came together with their tzatziki sauce. Everything meshed and was complemented each layer seamlessly.
I was so happy (and so full) with my meal, I think it is safe to say that Hopdoddy's is my new favorite 'burger joint' in Austin - and that is saying a lot! Overall I though the modern and clean atmosphere of the restaurant, the amazing service, and the broad range of crafted burgers came together perfectly at Hopdoddy's. I give it 5 out of 5 stars! ★★★★★

Hopdoddy's Menu

No comments:

Post a Comment