Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sazón

I was not particularly in the mood for Mexican food when my friends outnumbered me and decided we were going to Sazón. When we sat down on the outside patio, the first thing i noticed was the dense, authentic Mexican Menu. When I started to digest the menu, I saw many Mexican staples that were truly classics. My family has a house in Cuernrvaca, Mexico that we try and go to about once a year. We have a cooking staff who prepares the best Mexican food, so I was fortunate enough to have a pretty accurate basis in which to judge the authenticity of Sazón. 
My friends and I ordered both quesos that they offered, a Tex-Mex version that we Texans are probably most familiar with, "Queso Gringo", the "Choriqueso", which has monterey cheese melted with chorizo and pico de gallo. Both of the quesos were excellent, but my favorite was the Choriqueso. It was fabulous, and it reminded me of Javier's "Cheese Panela" in Dallas. My family's favorite soup we have in Mexico is a corn chowder, and when I saw that Sazón had Crema de Elote I had to get it - and I'm glad I did, it did not disappoint! This corn chowder was the closest thing I've been able to find.. creamy and refined, the smooth soup had just enough corn flavor to not become too overwhelmingly corny.For my entrée I ordered the Chile Relleno, and like the chowder, it is one of my favorite prepared dishes at our house, so i decided I'd see how it compared. It came with a side of rice and beans that were prepared identically to the traditional Mexican style. The plablano pepper was stuffed with chicken and and had a creamy chilpotle sauce over the lightly fried peper. It was very surprisingly true to the original! I left very impressed with Sazón. The atmosphere was great outside on the patio, and the food was amazing as well, I will definitely be going back to get my fix of authentic Mexican dishes! 4/5 stars! ★★★★☆


Sazón Menu

No comments:

Post a Comment