Sunday, April 17, 2011

Don't Worry, Flip Happy!

I'm not the biggest crêpe fan, at least compared to my mother... but I certainly do like them. I've always liked dessert crêpes, but not a fan of having crêpe as an entrée because i see them more as a sort of pancake rather than tortilla. But thats just my food logic. I went to Flip Happy Crêpes over the weekend and was pretty impressed! Flip Happy has a prime location and set up right on the corner of Jessie and Butler, tucked away close to the P. Terry's Burger Stand on South Lamar. One thing that food carts seem to be lacking is ample tables or parking, but Flip Happy had more than enough of both of these, which was nice. I ordered the Roasted Chicken Crêpe and the Cinnamon & Sugar Crêpe for dessert. One thing I did find out the hard way was that they only take cash, but luckily there is a convenience store on the end of the block -- but it was not that convenient.

My Roasted Chicken Crêpe
The Roasted Chicken Crêpe was good, but I was not dying over it. It came with Goat Cheese, Caramelized Onions, and a Garlic aioli. All of these ingredients are amazing but just didn't work well. There was too much Goat Cheese, and it was a bit overpowering. I couldn't really taste the Garlic aioli, and the color and consistency of my crêpe was sort of bland. It was good, but I probably wouldn't order it again, rather choosing something new on the menu for next time. I don't mean to be too hard on the Roasted Chicken Crêpe, but its friend, the Cinnamon & Sugar Crêpe redeemed Flip Happy in my eyes!
This might of been the best dessert crêpe I've ever had (including those while I was in Germany and France last summer!). This was no typical dessert crêpe! The inside of the crêpe was folded with Cream Cheese frosting and Cinnamon while the top was littered with Toasted Coconut and Almonds and generously dusted with Powdered Sugar. The warm crêpe was delightful. All of the flavors melted and meshed together so well. It is worth going to Flip Happy solely for this. Although I was not a biggest fan of the Roasted Chicken, I will probably be back in the next week to get the Cinnamon & Sugar Crêpe again.. and will probably try a different entree. If you enjoy a good, quality crêpe you definitely need to make a trip down to Flip Happy Crêpes, you won't be disappointed! I'm going to give them 3.5/5 stars! ★★★✬



Check out there blog/menu here!



No comments:

Post a Comment