Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mighty Cone!

I like to venture to food carts at odd hours so I can beat the potential crowds and shamelessly stuff myself. When I came to Mighty Cone, it was 3:15pm and I was starving... luckily I was the only one there. I might of out-ordered myself, but hey, that's what it is all about!

 The first thing I noticed when approaching the food cart were the custom cone-holders that were attached to the middle of every bench, and I was about to find out they function perfectly. I ordered the Hot & Crunchy Chicken Cone, Hudson's Cone Dog, and one Beef burger with Chili-dusted Fries (pictured below). I don't drink bottled water because of its ecological impact, but was so happy when I saw that they offered Richard's Rainwater, "fresh cloud juice". Its the only bottled water that is all natural rainwater - it tastes great and a good way to be green! 
My Order!
The cones feature a tortilla fit to the inside of the cone that embraces the contents inside - a mobile taco that isn't messy and yummy! I thought my favorite would be the Chicken Cone, but I was actually most impressed with the Beef Burger and Hudson's cone dog, which I almost didn't order. The beef burger was quite small, but ended up being filling and quite dense. It was amazing! It came on a soft wheat bun, dressed with red onions, lettuce, American cheese, and a special sauce that was subtle, but had a great spicy aftertaste. The burger came with an order of chili-dusted french fries that were so fresh and good, they really complemented the burger. Hudson's Cone Dog (on the right) was a butterflied grass-fed venison sausage with a zesty honey-mustard and topped with slaw that really brought the gamey flavors of the venison together with the sweet sauce. It ended up being my favorite thing I ordered! I was so full and satisfied upon leaving. I simply can't wait to go back. I give Mighty cone 4/5 Stars! ★★★★☆


No comments:

Post a Comment