Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Walton's Fancy & Staple


Going into Walton's I had high expectations, knowing that it was started by the same people that brought us Bess Bistro (right down the street). What a refreshing menu and atmosphere! Walton's is the perfect place for coffee or lunch and wears several impressive hats. With full bakery, deli, coffee menus Walton's has much to offer, and lets not forget about the fully-stocked flower store in the back! All aspects of the restaurant/deli mesh really well together, and the atmosphere is able to blend a classic and modern French feel. The Deli menu has a range of sandwiches and salads that boast organic and exceptional ingredients. I asked what their most popular sandwich was, and the woman said the Roast Beef Bleu was the most popular and her personal favorite. I had already been eyeing the sandwich - so it was a done deal. The Roast Beef Blue came with Gorgonzola, Red Onions, Watercress, with a horseradish aioli all on Rye.
My Roast Beef Bleu!
They had my favorite flavor of Zapp's Potato Chips :Voodoo (a secret cajun twist of flavors)... I was in heaven. The sandwich came out piping hot, and I could already tell I was going to love it. The toasted rye bread was lightly buttered and glistened just enough so I knew it wasn't soggy.  I probably should of waited a minute or three before indulging myself, but I just couldn't wait. The Rye was amazing, and I am not personally a big Rye fan. The sandwich complemented itself nicely, the Gorgonzola was not too overpowering, while the horseradish aioli gave a fresh, spice aftertaste that was perfect with the roast beef. This was one of my favorite sandwiches in Austin thus far, up there with the likes of Fricano's Deli! I would recommend Walton's, a perfect place for lunch or for a quality coffee stop - I can't wait to go again 5/5 ★★★★★!

No comments:

Post a Comment